Author Topic: NEW TAM SERVER : 87.238.170.57:7777  (Read 8133 times)

Offline =F.F.M=Witchcraft

• Clanmember
  • Enthusiast

• Activity
    6.38%
Re: NEW TAM SERVER : 87.238.170.57:7777
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 31 2014, 17:43:15 CEST »
Hello, here is my experience so far...(I've just played 3-4 days on it if I'm not wrong); It seems to be better than before, when I had pl, ping seems also a little few lower (44 or 40 to 36 now), but I've recently changed my internet provider and I've got also a little improvement from there (by activating a "fast path" option); so I'm not sure if improvements come from my new provider or the server changement, I would say a little from both . I still have a little ping flipping (I've almost 36 of ping constantly but sometimes like 1 times every 5 or 10 sec my ping falls down to 16 and goes up to 36 again and I feel like a little lag, i also had this problem before , it mays come from my connection, but nothing too much annoying).

In game, It feels a little smoother and I also won a little more aim, less slow down decal, specially when I rush and try to aim someone. I do way much more hs too coz now when i click....It hits right where i aimed !!

Also, one gave me the tricks about fps unlocking + netspeed...I think it 'll also change my life ! Sooo much faster and smoother now !

Then  I'll give a try to the latency guide on your forum, this + my new glasses today (I needed some for ages without even knowing it !) + my headset back soon = a total new optimal improvement of gameplay for me, I hope so :p

Offline =F.F.M=Kirtap

• General Manager
  • Extraordinaire

• Activity
    6.38%
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 31 2014, 20:33:58 CEST »
Yep it's smooth but I'm not sure it's thanks to new TAM version...it's smooth since I disabled zounds so we'll see what happen when I'll enable them again :)

Offline =F.F.M=Witchcraft

• Clanmember
  • Enthusiast

• Activity
    6.38%
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 31 2014, 21:16:02 CEST »
I neeeeeeeed to spam zounds so much omggg !  It's been a very long time since my last zounds so that, when it'll come back, I'll blow the server instantly !!

Offline Motig

• Activity
    0%
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 07 2014, 22:31:56 CEST »
Hey, you have a nice server with some cool people (and also some dickheads, what you gonna do, haha); so I came here just to try and convince you to mandate newnetcode off for all (if it can be done).

Also, I realise the following explanation could be construed as patronising; that's not my intention, I just like being silly :)

Imagine you are this silly lizard:

On the default netcode settings, the server is the authority (http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Role). That means that if there are two players on the server, there is one 'true' state of the game, and two simulations that aren't quite right (because of lag).

Here's a visual representation:

In this example, the green silly lizard is the position of you on the server. The blue mirage lizard is where you think you are. Now, imagine I try to shoot you with my l33t lazors (pew pew). My simulation puts you where the red mirage lizard is.

If we both have 100ms real lag to the server, I see you as {speed * 0.1} 'distance' behind where you really are... But you also see yourself as the same distance ahead of where you really are.

If you have more than 100ms lag, move the blue lizard further to the left. And if I have more, move the red lizard to the right. You might think it sucks for you if you have a higher ping... But this is the fairest way, even for you!

You see, in this standard netcode, I have to actually aim at the green lizard (even though I see the red). But it ends up panning out as: I have to aim a little infront of you, and you have to move a little in advance. Seems fair?

But in the newnet model, I only have to hit the red lizard. So you have to not only compensate for your own ping (the difference in blue and green), but mine too (the difference in green and red). Because if my client says "I hit the red lizard", in the new model, that counts as a hit. How many guys here already noticed they're hitting more hitscan?

(I know that's not the most succinct explanation ever, but I tried, haha!)

Anyway, I know I'm a spammer and I use much less hitscan than pretty much every player on the planet, but please just consider this at least :)

Peace

Offline =F.F.M=ForeverHappy

• Gameserver Manager
  • Extraordinaire

• Activity
    2.13%
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 07 2014, 23:14:34 CEST »
The blue Lizzard is pretty, can I have it? Promise to be nice to it :)
I personally think the "middle ground" netcode model (green lizzard) is the most fair one, just because when I go and hide and get cover around a corner I don't want to get hit by a high pinger that thinks I'm elsewhere.

I do get more hits and frags now but don't know if its fair? Perhaps it is more fun this way?
Is it possible to configure the server to use server side aiming only without client ping compensation? Server side meaning that what the server knows is what  the true state of things are, and clients that has more ping suffers more than clients with less ping. Green lizzard?

Still... give me the blue pretty one please