Author Topic: Going for a Career Speedrunning in Godlike  (Read 63 times)

Offline =F.F.M=Witchcraft

• Clanmember
  • Enthusiast

• Activity
    6.38%
Going for a Career Speedrunning in Godlike
« on: Tuesday, December 25 2018, 18:41:22 CET »
Hello !

I may require your help as I'm willing, as a tribute for this game, to realize a speedrun of the solo mode in Godlike : as I can see, best runners (they are just 2 so I can be 3rd at least ^^) made it in 3h22 and 4h32 or around) which is insanly fast !
BUUUUT i've spotted they are using auto-aim ! Everyone claim it for the 2nd (Mappleseed) so I was wondering how the 1st could have done 1 hour faster without that...
I can't do it under 5 hours, I get stuck at some bombing run match having to wait till the end of the watchstop (20 min).
I can improve myself way much better, maybe 30min or even more : but it is kinda random : about bot at 1st, it's not always the same and I may find some tricks or "pattern" with map and bot behave to be efficient.

Anyways I don't try to be 1st it's just a tribute, I may stream if I can but I won't it to last more than 7 hours x)

If you have any tips for me I take it !

• Clanmember
  • Enthusiast

• Activity
    6.38%
Re: Going for a Career Speedrunning in Godlike
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 25 2018, 19:05:12 CET »
https://www.speedrun.com/ut2004/run/y97llovm

This is 1st's run, he obviously use the auto-aim right ?
Specially around 1m40 with cannon flack : "Shoot not going forward Cross / Dot" = assist; no ? With his flack cannon he was miles away on its right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw0VQM1xrAs

Here is the 2nd run, mappleseed and everyone in comments claim he used auto-aim.
I watched it a bit, he doesn't move like a pro, do weirdo stuff and specially isn't under pressure. We are all different but Godlike matches, specially during hours is pretty intensive for my brain :p

Offline =F.F.M=Kirtap

• General Manager
  • Extraordinaire

• Activity
    21.28%
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 26 2018, 00:39:56 CET »
Wow m8, you have so much free time to be able to do this tribute to the community !!!  :sign0098:

I'm sorry I have no tips for you...

• Clanmember
  • Enthusiast

• Activity
    6.38%
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 26 2018, 15:04:03 CET »
Yeah I need to do this before I won't be able to ; even now, my cat is pissing me too much ^^ it won't go outisde coz of coldness and so If i play 5+ hours in a row it'll annoys me to play. I need to exhaust her before doing my run :p

I did a novice career run yesterday : less than 3 hours but it's far more than 1h28 of the 1st...(even if he used auto-aim)

Offline budozero / boooooooooh.seed

• Activity
    2.13%
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 05 2019, 17:00:16 CET »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw0VQM1xrAs

Here is the 2nd run, mappleseed and everyone in comments claim he used auto-aim.
I watched it a bit, he doesn't move like a pro, do weirdo stuff and specially isn't under pressure. We are all different but Godlike matches, specially during hours is pretty intensive for my brain :p

100% auto aim, and I am not even sure its just the ingame auto aim. There are a lot of strange moments that I dont understand, he does not seem to be a high or even mid skill player.

I also found it strange that UT is setup on 100% defaults. Its certainly not someone who plays online ever.